About the Chamber
The Arab-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry is a non-profit association / Public Utility, whose main objective is to develop economic, commercial, industrial and cultural relations between Portugal and the 22 countries of the League of Arab States on a basis of mutual interest, contributing considerably to the closer cooperation between Portugal and the Arab world.
The CCIAP is officially recognized by highly responsible bodies in the Arab World:
The League of Arab States;
The General Union of Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of the Arab Countries, covering all the more than 300 Federations and Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Agriculture and Services of the entire Arab geographical area;
The Arab Economic and Social Council, which gives it genuine representation in Portugal of the countries of the League of Arab States and the Arab Chambers of Commerce.
The CCIAP was honored with the following awards: Medal of Economic Merit (in 2000) by His Excellency the President of the Tunisian Republic; Order of National Merit (May 2005) by His Excellency the President of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria; Honorary Member of the Order of Merit (May 2005) by His Excellency the President of the Portuguese Republic.
Constitution of the Arab-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, by Ministerial Order of 21.10.1986, published in the Diário da República, III series no. 95, on 24.04.1987;
Public Benefit Collective, by Declaration No. 112/99, published in the Diário da República, Series II no. 93, on April 21, 1999;
Recognition as Chamber of Commerce and Industry by Ordinance No. 361/2000, published in the Diário da República, Series B No. 141, on June 20, 2000;
Issuance of Certificates of Origin by Ordinance No. 361/2000, published in the Diário da República, I Series B No. 141, on June 20, 2000.
Board of Directors
Dr. Amr Moussa – President
Eng. Sultan Al Mansoori – Vice President
Mr. Smail Hamdano – Vice President
Mr. Mohamed Siala – Vice President
Mr. Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber – Vice President
Dr. Jorge Sampaio – President
Prof. Freitas do Amaral – Vice President
Ambassador Martins da Cruz – Vice President
Dr. Mota Amaral – Vice President
Dr. Antonio Mexia – Vice President
Vision, Mission & Goals
In pursuit of its goal, the CCIAP carries out a diversified range of actions and services aimed essentially at promoting trade between Portugal and the Arab Countries.
In this context we have a deep knowledge of the Arab markets, and it is our vocation to strengthen relations between Portugal and that group of countries, where we have privileged relations with the Official and Institutional Entities, while maintaining close contact with the European Union.
Our real concern over the years has been the rapprochement between the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council and the countries of Masherek and Maghreb (which together with the remaining Arab Geographic Areas, the "Great Free Trade Area - GZCL" ").
Activities & Services
The CCIAP distinguishes itself with a great deal of evidence through the realization of a diversified range of actions and services, aiming essentially:
Promoting trade between Portugal and the Arab countries;
The promotion of industrial complementarity and partnership in multiple forms, such as:
- Creation of mixed capital companies;
- Technology transfer;
- Professional qualification;
- Industrial relocation;
- Promotion of multiple areas of economic, financial, agricultural, fishing, scientific and cultural cooperation;
- Encouragement of reciprocal investments;
- Encouragement of bilateral agreements;
- Organization of Private, Sectoral and Multi-sectoral Economic Missions for the 22 Countries of the League of Arab States, as well as organization of visits by Arab Delegations to Portugal;
- Collection and dissemination of economic information and legislation in force;
- Organization and participation in colloquiums and lectures, seminars and forums, halls and exhibitions in the Arab Countries and Portugal.
The Arab-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry is also dedicated to other spaces that are in line with its purpose:
- It issues Certificates of Origin and legalizes all documentation related to Portuguese exports to the Arab markets;
- It collaborates, whenever requested, with any public or private organizations, Arab and Portuguese, in initiatives aimed at strengthening relations between both parties;
- Gives advice on all matters related to the purposes for which it is proposed, submitted to it by the respective bodies;
- Performs the most diverse official translations and retroversion;
- It elaborates market studies in the most diverse sectors of activity, both in Portugal and in the Arab Countries;
- It covers all the processing of Conciliation, Arbitration and Examination of the Euro-Arab Arbitration Regulation.
Over the years the objective of serving the Portuguese and Arab Entrepreneurs has not changed. We cover a vast area of services aimed at simplifying the internationalization of Portuguese companies at a time when the global approach is increasingly dominant and necessary.
OUR PARTNERS ARE ALSO YOURS. CCIAP has partners in the Arab World such as the League of Arab States, the General Union of Chambers of Commerce, Agriculture and Industry of Arab Countries and more than 300 Arab Federations and Chambers of Commerce and Industry spread throughout the 22 Arab Countries.
Terms and Conditions: The services and support displayed are subject to specific membership conditions.
BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES | INVESTMENT
COMPETITIONS | Contact Us | EXPORTS | IMPORTS
Information on "Business and / or Investment Opportunities", such as Imports, Exports, Partnerships, Technology Transfer, Professional Training, Investment Funding, Stocks, Representation Agencies, are posted on our website , and we draw attention Also in the Publications.
CCIAP Associates have this personalized service.
INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC TENDER INFORMATION
The "International Public Tenders" consist of the provision of Public Tender information in the most diverse sectors of activity, with the possibility of extracting tender documents. They are updated weekly on our website and in our publications, more specifically in the "Partnership”.
COMMERCIAL INFORMATION AND CONTACTS
The "Business Coordinates" applications include the Company Name, Contact Person, Registered Office, Telephone, Fax, Website, among other relevant information (such as: number of employees, production capacity, turnover ).
ECONOMIC STUDIES & STUDIES MARKET
It consists of the development of deep and extensive studies on countries represented by the CCIAP or sectorial markets. Government structures, economic policies, the domestic economy, the trade and payments balance, which are always substantiated by economic and financial indicators as well as the corresponding legislation, are examined.
SUPPORT IN LEGAL SERVICES:
In the event of a disagreement between companies on both sides, the CCIAP is actively assisting in resolving the dispute quickly. Mediation of possible disputes between Arab and Portuguese companies.
Framework for the conciliation, arbitration and expert process of the Euro-Arab Arbitration System: Mediation of possible disputes between Arab and Portuguese companies. We provide Legislation and Documentation for Business in the Arab World, such as: Foreign Investment Code; Customs Code; Tax system; State Incentives; Commercial agreements; Labor Law, among others. Mediation of possible disputes between Arab and Portuguese companies. Framework for the conciliation, arbitration and expert process of the Euro-Arab Arbitration System: Mediation of possible disputes between Arab and Portuguese companies. We provide Legislation and Documentation for Business in the Arab World, such as: Foreign Investment Code; Customs Code; Tax system; State Incentives; Commercial agreements; Labor Law, among others. Mediation of possible disputes between Arab and Portuguese companies. Framework for the conciliation, arbitration and expert process of the Euro-Arab Arbitration System: Mediation of possible disputes between Arab and Portuguese companies.
We provide Legislation and Documentation for Business in the Arab World, such as:
- Foreign Investment Code;
- Customs Code;
- Tax system;
- State Incentives;
- Commercial agreements;
- Labor Law, among others. Foreign Investment Code; Customs Code; Tax system; State Incentives; Commercial agreements; Labor Law, among others. Foreign Investment Code; Customs Code; Tax system; State Incentives; Commercial agreements; Labor Law, among others.
Regularly, and in the course of its business plan, the CCIAP regularly carries out Economic Missions to the Arab Countries. These initiatives aim to identify business opportunities and establish channels of communication with potential economic partners. These Economic Missions are divided into three types: Private Economic Missions, Sectoral Economic Missions and Multi-sectoral Economic Missions.
CCIAP is regularly a Stand for participation in Fairs, gathering in this diverse companies of various sectors of activity, and where it provides assistance in the various stages of participation.
SEMINARS AND FORUMS
The CCIAP organizes and participates in seminars, colloquia, roundtables, business and economic forums on various topics of economic and cultural interest in Portugal and the Arab countries.
CCIAP has privileged Banking Relations (with Portuguese and Arab Banks), providing adequate support in obtaining credit to companies from both sides.
As a certified translator, CCIAP has a Technical Office for translations and retroversion. Specialized technicians provide the Service in four languages: Portuguese, English, French and Arabic.
There are already several hundreds of Missions carried out by CCIAP throughout its existence.
The Economic Missions aim mainly at the Internationalization of Portuguese Companies through various meetings and B2B meetings, visits to Factories, Companies, Institutions and Entities.
These initiatives aim to identify business opportunities and establish channels of communication with potential economic partners. They also incorporate a familiarization component with the economic, political and cultural specificities of these markets.
What do you have to gain by participating in a Mission with CCIAP?
- The deepening of the knowledge of the economic and social reality of the country to visit;
- Knowledge of the business culture of the target countries, rules and procedures;
- The holding of bilateral meetings with companies and entrepreneurs, with the agenda being prepared through specific requests. Each company departs with contacts previously scheduled, by day and time, in order to obtain the greatest benefit in the country of visit;
- Preparatory meeting;
- Understand the process and benefits of foreign investment through dialogue with the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency;
- The contact with the main Business Organizations, namely Federations and Chambers of Commerce and Industry;
- Development of preparatory contacts for the establishment of business partnerships;
- Analysis of the main market trends (main operators in the segment, competition, prices, consumer profile);
- Possibility of promoting your company, its products and / or services to the privileged channels of CCIAP, expanding the networking of your company;
- The CCIAP provides a personalized follow-up to registered companies and entrepreneurs, before, during and after their realization.
These Economic Missions are divided into three types: Private Economic Missions; Sectorial Missions and Multi-sectoral Economic Missions.
Private Economic Missions
They consist of taking a single company to a chosen country according to several criteria.
Sectoral-Multi-sectoral Economic Missions
These Missions lead several companies from the same sector or from sectors other than the Arab Markets. Their main objectives are to hold bilateral meetings between Arab and Portuguese Companies.
Fairs, Seminars and Symposia
In addition to the general disclosure of the dates of the Fairs held by the 22 Arab Countries, other elements are also available, such as participation forms, prices and costs, or personalized support for participation in the Fairs. This support can range from the negotiation of space costs to the transport of your products near the exhibition site. On a regular basis, CCIAP is a Stand for participation in Fairs, bringing together in this diverse companies from various sectors of activity.
SEMINARS & FORUMS
Organization and participation in Seminars, Colloquia, Round Tables, Forums on various topics of economic, social and cultural interest in Portugal and in the Arab Countries. Policymakers and key economic decision-makers regularly expose their strategic choices. CCIAP regularly organizes Economic Forums, which are already the platform for dialogue between Portugal and the Arab World.
In line with the existing business opportunities in the Arab world, the CCIAP provides several training courses dedicated to the internationalization of Portuguese companies in the Arab markets. We have experience that raise the level of knowledge of Entrepreneurs in their approach to this Group of Countries.
The courses are given by specialized technicians, in Portuguese and have the participation of several entities, both Arab and Portuguese.
The internationalization of the business sector for the Arab World, with the growing economic opportunities that ensue, makes it necessary to establish an "Arabic Language and Culture Course"
It is addressed to our associates, entrepreneurs in general and all those who want to enrich their knowledge of Arabic language and culture. In this course, you will be able to obtain some fundamental tools for better communication and development of commercial relations with your Arab counterparts.
Taught in Portuguese, it is addressed to all those who for professional or personal reasons, want to learn and have contact with the Arabic Language and Culture.
We highlight the following knowledge that can be acquired with this course:
- "History of Arabic language and civilization";
- "Arab countries and their different customs and customs";
- "The Arab culture";
- "Learning the Arabic language";
- "Useful phrases for communicating and relating in Arabic".
The website , as well as the editorial line of CCIAP made: for a Monthly Magazine bilingual (Arabic and English), three monthly newsletters (Arab and Portuguese) are highly promotional vehicle companies, products and services, with more than 400 million Potential consumers, investors or business partners.
The Arab countries are increasingly taking on a special role in the internationalization of the Portuguese economy, not only because of a series of geographical and historical-cultural factors, but mainly through real business opportunities and complementarity. They are a market of more than 400 million potential consumers, with a purchasing power only in equipment and consumer goods, which exceeds 350 billion euros / year, while the five-year investments, and to focus only a few Countries (6 out of the 22 countries in the League of Arab States) are in the order of 1 trillion euros.
In addition to being available to the general Portuguese, Arabic and worldwide public through this website (140/160 daily visits), both the Magazine and the Newsletters are sent electronically to:
- Associates of the CCIAP;
- League of Arab States;
- General Union of Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Arab Countries;
- Chambers of Commerce;
- Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Agriculture and Services;
- Institutions other than Arab Countries and Portugal;
- Regional and sectoral associations;
- Official bodies;
- Documentation centers;
- Leading companies in the field of import, export, investment and distribution in Portugal and the Arab Countries.
The CCIAP has a translation office composed of technical translators who are competent to perform translations and retro versions in the most different areas, and in the Arabic, French, English and Portuguese languages.
The areas covered range from private documents to business and legal documents.
Requests for translation and retroversion may be delivered in person at the premises of the CCIAP, sent by Mail or by e-mail.
You must deliver:
- Originals or copies certified by a notary, lawyer or solicitor;
- The passport or other identification document;
- If you choose to send the documentation by mail, you must also add an envelope already stamped with the delivery address of the documentation;
- If you wish to request a quotation, you must send an e-mail to email@example.com, with a readable scan of the documents to be translated.
Payment can be made through:
- Check to the order of the CCIAP;
- Transfer bank to Santander Totta - PT50.0018.0000.50987584001.29.
- If you choose to send by mail or by email, you must send proof of payment.
- Translations are only initiated after payment.
Certificates of Origin
CCIAP has issued Certificates of Origin (exported from Portugal to the 22 countries of the League of Arab States) since October 2000.
The information contained on this page may be subject to changes by the CCIAP.
1 - Documentation required:
- Only issue of Certificate of Origin » send a photocopy of the invoice, by fax or email.
- Export under Letter of Credit » send a photocopy of it.
- Certificate of Origin issued and Legalization of documents' Do download the form and submit it duly completed, with the remaining documentation.
2 - Information concerning the completion of the Certificate of Origin form:
- Form to be delivered in paper form »fill in English or French, depending on the country of destination, in computer or in capital letters.
- In addition to the Original, Copies may be issued, if the export process indicates so, they should request it in the Supplemental Indications (back of the form).
- The date of completion of the Form will not correspond to the date of issue of the Certificate of Origin.
3 - What you cannot do after issuance of the Certificate of Origin:
- There can be no splices or erasures.
- If there are any changes to be made, the CCIAP should do so, and then place the white seal on top of the correction.
4 - How to fill in Text Boxes of the Certificate of Origin: (The indices of the boxes in the Certificate of Origin are written in Portuguese, English, French and Arabic)
a) Exporter: Name or social designation, full address and other data
b) Recipient: Name or company name, full address and other details
c) Country of Origin: Portugal (CCIAP only issues Certificates of merchandise originating in Portugal)
d) Means of transport: Sea, Air or Land (or provide other data)
e) Notes: You may enter other data required for export
f) Description of the Goods: describe the merchandise (s) to be exported
g) Weight B / L: Gross Weight, Net Weight or other unit of measurement
h) Competent authority to issue the Certificate of Origin: CCIAP
i) Applicant: Where it is another entity other than the exporter requesting the Certificate of Origin. Must contain Name or social designation, full address and other data
j) Place and date of the Issue Request: date and location
k) Signature and stamp of Applicant
l) Supplementary Information: you may write on the back other information addressed to CCIAP
5 - Important notes:
- Text Boxes 1-8: The information will appear on the Certificate of Origin.
- Text Boxes 9 to 11: Does not appear on Certificate of Origin.
- Supplementary Indications: They do not appear in the Certificate of Origin, only if requested to the CCIAP.
6 - How to obtain the Certificate of Origin of the CCIAP:
- Online Forms »for processes that do not require the legalization of other documents.
- Download the Form »for processes that require legalization of other documents.
- Paper Form »Directly in the premises of the CCIAP.
Embassies and Consulates
You will find the necessary procedures for the legalization of documents with the Arab Embassies accredited and resident in Portugal.
All documents that go to the embassies will have to be certified by the Arab-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, with special attention to the following requirements:
- DOCUMENTS Translated into English, French or Arabic, as requested, and duly certified by a notary, lawyer or solicitor,
- Powers in English, French or Arabic must come with the recognition of signatures according to the Company's Permanent Certificate, by a notary, lawyer or solicitor,
- Certificates by the Arab-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIAP),
- Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (contact the CCIAP for more information),
- Simple photocopy of all documents to be delivered.
- Certified by the Arabic-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
- Certificates by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (contact the CCIAP for more information),
- Simple photocopy of all documents to be delivered.
Agreements & Protocols
There are several Agreements & Protocols that the Arabic-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry signed with the most diverse Arab and Portuguese Institutions and Entities.
See also the Agreements concluded between Portugal and the Arab Countries and between the European Union and the Arab Countries.
Between the CCIAP and the following Arab Entities:
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Jeddah (Cooperation Agreement)
- Algerian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Business Council)
- Chamber of Commerce of Djibouti (Cooperation Agreement)
- Chamber of Commerce of Baghdad (Cooperation Agreement)
- Federation of Iraqi Chambers of Commerce (Memorandum of Understanding)
- Union of Business Men of Iraq (06.01.2010) (Cooperation Agreement)
- Union of Business Men of Iraq (28.04.2010) (Cooperation Agreement)
- Union of Business Men of Iraq Diwaniya (15.10.2013) (Cooperation Agreement)
- Jordan Chamber of Commerce and Industry Chamber of Jordan (Cooperation Agreement)
- Jordan Chamber of Commerce and Jordan Chamber of Industry (Business Council)
- Mauritania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (Cooperation Agreement)
- PBF-Palestinian Business Men's Forum (Cooperation Agreement)
Between the CCIAP and the following Portuguese Entities:
- The Ministry of Economic and Labor Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Cooperation Protocol)
- AIP-CCI (Portuguese Industrial Association - Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and AIP-FCE (Trade Fairs, Congresses and Events) (Cooperation Protocol)
- AEP (Business Association of Portugal) (Cooperation Protocol)
- ANJE (National Association of Young Entrepreneurs) (Cooperation Protocol)
- ANPME (National Association of Small and Medium Enterprises ) (Cooperation Protocol)
- APICER (Portuguese Association of the Ceramic Industry ) (Cooperation Protocol)
- NERLEI (Business Association of the Region of Leiria) (Cooperation Protocol)
- AIMMAP (Association of Metallurgical, Metal-Mechanical and Allied Industries of Portugal ) (Cooperation Protocol)
- AMIgaia - Municipal Agency of Investment (Cooperation Protocol)
- INOVAGAIA (Cooperation Protocol)
- National Railway Network - Refer EP (Protocol of Agreement)
- Efacec, Ferbritas, Ferrovias, Mota-Engil, Refer, Somafel, Teixeira Duarte (Development Agreement of the "Protocol of Agreement of Partnership")
Between Portugal, the European Union and the 22 Countries of the League of Arab States:
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- State of Libya
- Democratic People's Republic of Algeria
- Kingdom of Morocco
- Kingdom of Bahrain
- Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Union of the Comoros
- Sultanate of Oman
- Republic of Djibouti
- State of Palestine
- Arab Republic of Egypt
- State of Qatar
- United Arab Emirates
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Republic of Iraq
- Federal Republic of Somalia
- Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Republic of the Sudan
- State of Kuwait
- Republic of Tunisia
- Republic of Lebanon
- Republic of Yemen