• Total population until the end of July 2017: 2,471,919
• Gross Domestic Product at current prices for the 4th quarter of 2016: QAR 141. 28 billion.
• Consumer Price Index, January 2017: 108.3
• Total exports, 2nd quarter of 2016: QAR 49.4 billion
• Commodity imports, 2nd quarter of 2016: QAR 28.8 billion
• Building permit statistics, January 2017: 187 licenses
• Consumer Confidence Index, 1st quarter of 2015: 184.9
• Unemployment rate, 2014: 0.2%
• Total workforce, 2014: 1.7 million
• Illiteracy rate (15 years and above), 2014: 2.3%
• Gross enrollment ratio for primary school 2014: 102.1%
• Gross enrollment ratio for secondary school 2014: 97.0%
• Gross enrollment ratio for the preparatory school 2014: 99.4%
• Business sector confidence in Qatar, 3rd quarter of 2015: 19.3
• Quarterly estimates of Gross Domestic Product according to economic activity at current prices for the 4th quarter of 2015: QR 147.03 million.
Annual Bulletin of Foreign Trade Statistics 2016
Trade Balance: The trade balance of the State of Qatar (the difference between total exports and imports) during the year 2016 increased by QAR 91.9 billion (review) compared to the surplus of the trade balance for the year 2015 which reached QAR 162.6 billion.
Total exports: The total value of Qatari exports (including exports of domestic goods and re-exports) during the year 2016 amounted to QAR 208.6 billion (review), with a decrease of QAR 72.2 billion or 25.8% compared to the year 2015, where the total of exports reached 281.3 Billion Qatari riyals.
• The main reason for the decrease in total exports during 2016 (compared to 2015) is the decrease in exports of mineral fuels, lubricants and similar materials of QAR 64.6 billion, chemicals and non-listed products by QAR 5.3 billion and manufactured goods, (QAR 1.0 billion re-exports), non-edible raw materials excluding fuel valued at QAR 0.2 billion, while the increase in miscellaneous items was QAR 0.1 billion.
Imports: The value of Qatari imports during the year 2016 amounted to QAR 116.7 billion, a decrease of QAR 2.0 billion and 1.7% compared to the year 2015 of QAR 118.7 billion.
• The main reason for the decrease in total imports compared to the same period of the previous year is a decrease in imports of machinery and transport equipment amounting to QAR 2.1 billion, manufactured goods mainly classified according to the material at QAR 1.8 billion, and non-edible raw materials excluding fuel amounting to QAR 0.9 billion, Mineral fuels, lubricants and similar materials of QAR 0.3 billion, food and live animals valued at QAR 0.2 billion. Meanwhile, increases in miscellaneous products of QAR 3.6 billion, chemicals and non-listed products increased by 0.1 billion Diagonal nights during the year 2016.
Primary Export/Import Partners: Asian countries accounted for the first place in destination countries for country exports during 2016, as well as for countries of origin for the Qatari imports during the same year, representing 72.7% and 30.7% respectively, followed by the European Union at 10.0% and 33.1% respectively, then the GCC by 9.2% and 16.1%, respectively.
For more information click here
To view exports and re-exports classified by country of destination click here
To view exports and re-exports classified by commodity click here
For imports classified by commodities click here
To view imports by country of origin click here
Source: Ministry of Development Planning and Statistics